- Richard Kuppasamy, Chief Product Officer at Lendlease Podium
Podium for Development
Our platform accelerates design to supply by using design automation algorithms to match a DfMA ready ‘kit of parts’ to optimal design outcomes by reducing waste in time, cost and materials.
Podium for Development leverages the extensive property expertise from our founding partners, empowered by computational design and AI. We create an ecosystem where developers and designers can connect with suppliers to create better outcomes at speed and scale.
An open ecosystem for Platform DfMA
Three core pillars
Our vision is to revolutionise the way design and construction are approached, making it faster, more sustainable, and highly productive. We are driven by three core pillars:
Speed and efficiency
P4D streamlines the transition from initial concept design to detailed design, dramatically reducing the time needed to realise a project. Our advanced generative design algorithms create designs which adhere to building regulations whilst automating tedious tasks and freeing designers to focus on higher value contributions in the design process.
Sustainability and quality
We promote modern methods of construction and Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DfMA) principles. P4D empowers designers to optimise projects for reduced environmental impact, higher productivity, and cost effectiveness. This approach leads to higher quality outcomes and lower lifecycle cost.
Collaboration and scale
P4D cultivates an ecosystem where developers, designers, and suppliers can collaborate to enable better outcomes for the project at speed and scale. Our platform facilitates connections with a diverse range of suppliers, ensuring early integration of the most suitable products, materials, and systems from the outset of a project.
- Ensure a higher level of predictability in project delivery by using engineered DfMA solutions.
- Rapidly evaluate development opportunities on any site.
- Real time transparency of design, costs and schedule.
- Reduce downstream risk by receiving early advice on viability of different methods of construction.
- Engage in the design process without the need for complex specialist tools.
- Automate multi-disciplinary design coordination.
- Test and visualise the impact of design decisions, construction systems, and materials on project outcomes.
- Find optimal outcomes by configuring DfMA ready components into designs.
- Automate repetitive tasks to free up creative resources to areas where they create the greatest value.
- Reduce risk through the use of engineered solutions provided directly from suppliers.
- Demonstrate product value and reduce risk of product substitution by including product data at all stages of design.
- Reduce cost of sales by promoting standardised manufactured components.
- Leverage manufacturer expertise earlier in the design phase, leading to optimal utilisation of standardised components and reduction of waste.
- Reduce cost of customer acquisition with early visibility on pipeline opportunities.
- Deliver higher quality products and solutions because the design is optimised for DfMA.